Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Monday, December 15, 2014

CAPE BUFFALO


copyright 2014, Joy Acey





I am a Cape Buffalo
munching grass as I go,
sometimes fast, 
but mostly slow.
Lumbering along
the Cape Buffalo.

   The Cape Buffalo usually travel in herds and often are seen with other grazers--animals who eat grass.
    What is your favorite food to eat during the holidays?  Plum pudding, candy canes, popcorn, sugar cookies?  Can you write a list poem today about all the foods you eat for Christmas?  Have fun writing.



copyright 2014

copyright 2014

copyright 2014

3 comments:

  1. I like this poem a lot. The first photo is perfect with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some where I have a picture of Cape Buffalo with a rhino, but with all the photos I took, it was hard to find it. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Mele Kalikimaka.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder what it would be like to walk a mile in a cape buffalo's "shoes."

    ReplyDelete