Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Monday, December 29, 2014

DEC 28, 2014

Yes, I know today is the 29th, but I'm running really, really late and I'm trying to catch up.  I'll post this poem today and then see if I have more energy and delightful insights tomorrow.

NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS

Are you making a list
of things you mean
to accomplish
in 2015?


   I'm not sure if you'd call my list New Year's resolutions, but I've been thinking about the things I'd like to do in the new year.  When I break things into smaller pieces and deal with months or weeks, it is amazing what one could achieve in just one year.  Have you started thinking about your goals for the next year?  Have you written any of them down?  If you have a resolution you'd like to share, you're welcome to leave your written goal in the COMMENTS.  I'll be sharing some of mine as the week wears on.
  For now, I'll tell you that I have been in Kauai for the Christmas holiday and I just got home this morning.  I took an over-night flight leaving Hawaii last evening at 11--and that is why I didn't post a poem yesterday.  Internet connections are sometimes difficult when I'm traveling.  I got home about 11 this morning.  I didn't sleep on the plane and I'm dragging.  It really is hard on the system to go from T-shirts and shorts to sweaters and long johns.  We turned the temp down in my house while we were gone and it hasn't gotten back warm yet--but that may be due to my husband who thinks the house should be kept at 65.
  I hope you had a great Christmas holiday. Now I've got to start getting ready for 12th Night.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome home, Joy. No need to apologize. Some days you share more than one poem.

    I'm doing some exercises about reflecting on 2014 to improve 2015. Julie Hedlund of 12X12 is leading a video series she created for the 12 days of Christmas. I'm slightly behind schedule but will catch up. I hope you check it out.

    ReplyDelete