Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Clouds block the sun
day is gray, wind bows
tree limbs sway

in the planter
a quail nests
eleven speckled eggs

on the ground
ten more small quail
scurry under the fence

a rabbit runs
along the fence
spring brings changes
in and out.

   It has been a strange day, but the sunset has been spectacular.  What has your day been like?  Can you write a poem about it?

2 comments:

  1. Joy,
    I love the spring activity here. Your numbers have me thinking of a counting book showing spring changes in the desert. What do you think? You could do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking about those 11 quail eggs in the planter. The quail is still out there, sitting on her treasures. But 11 babies! She would exhaust herself trying to feed them all. Will all 11 eggs hatch? Are quail carnivorous? Will they eat each other? So many eggs, so few resources, it made me think those small quail must be good to go almost from the time they pop out of their shells. But, then I thought about the planter. It is about 3 feet off the ground. How are the babies going to get from the planter to the ground so they can find food? I've got to go find out more about quail.

    ReplyDelete