Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Sunday, March 27, 2016

MY STOMACH

My stomach is grumbling.
My stomach is rumbling.
Oh dear! What have I found?

My stomach is gurgling.
My stomach is burbling.
It's making a terrible sound. 

My stomach is
on a roll,
making noises
I can't control.

For these noises,
I am not proud.
Please forgive me
for being loud.

  I'm sitting at my computer wondering what I'll write a poem about today and my stomach starts making churning noises from the glass of water I just drank.   WOW!  I remember in fourth grade sitting at my desk and my stomach made noises I couldn't control.  It was so embarrassing. I was sure my classmates would tease me about my loud stomach until I heard someone else's stomach growling too.  That person with the loud stomach became my best friend, and my classmates and I would sit quietly just before lunch to see who had the loudest stomach.  It turned out our teacher had a loud grumbly stomach too. Has this sort of thing happened to you?  Take a moment to sit and quietly listen.  What do you hear?  Can you write a poem about that today?  Have fun writing.

Sometimes I hear blood rushing through my ears.  Sometimes it is only my stomach gurgling.

3 comments:

  1. Joy, this is a delightful poem and makes me think it is time for breakfast. My stomach is calling me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carol. I have lots of conversations with my stomach, too.

      Delete
  2. Stomachs can be rather demanding. ;)

    ReplyDelete