Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Thursday, March 17, 2016

THE CENTIPEDE



I do not need
a centipede.
I can not feed
the centipede.

I know I would
surely loose
if I can had 
to keep
a centipede
in shoes.

I guess I've dealt with this subject before.  Here is a poem I wrote a few years ago.

SHOES

I love shoes
in every shape and size.
I think my shoes are
a humdinger prize.

I have high heels of pink,
and sandals in blue
bunny slippers, roller skates,
and galoshes too.

Marching boots and
soccer shoes,
spikes shine on
my football shoes.

Zorries, flip-flops
wedgies, jellies,
cowboy boots
from crocodile bellies.

Japanese getas
made from wood.
Wearing shoes
feels oh so good.

I have shoes
for my every need.
I'm so glad
I'm a centipede.


 Happy St. Patrick's Day.  Are you wearing your green today?  In honor of the holiday, can you write a green poem?  Have fun thinking of limes, olives and emeralds.

Every great story seems to begin with a snake. Nicolas Cage
Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/snake.html
 Every great story seems to begin with a snake. Nicholas Cage 

1 comment:

  1. Joy,
    If you had a centipede,you would need to hire a cobbler or some shoe making elves. So glad you recognized a repeating pattern here. Maybe you could create a few more for a shoe collection poetry book.

    ReplyDelete