Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Saturday, September 14, 2013

I had a chore
and I forgot
I didn't get it done.

I will hurry
now to write
poetry is fun.


     Oh, I'm sorry.  I really blew it today.  I've been working on taxes all day, and it has taken my mind from the really important things.



Tommy plays video games.
Mary reads a book.
Alice likes to sing her songs.
Jeffrey likes to cook.

Susie experiments with science.
Freddy plays with math.
Chris plays many sports.
David hikes a mountain path.

All of us have different talents,
different things we like to do.
and it is with practicing
you are uniquely you.


    OK, so can you write a poem today about the things you like to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment