Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

The Crocodile

If you see a crocodile
don't ask him to come and play.
Never pet, or poke or stroke him
to watch his tail swish and sway.

His teeth
are big
and white.
Good for
a crocodile
BITE!

2 comments:

  1. Joy,
    You could substitute a crocodile for the big bad wolf in the Red Riding Hood scene at Grandma's. Or has that already been done?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, Joy, and the different approach to the rhythm in each part. I'd love an illustration too!

    ReplyDelete