Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Saturday, September 28, 2013

THE FLAMINGO

There is a flamingo
in my shower
and he's splashing
all about.
I told him
to be quiet
but all he does 
is shout.
Mom came 
and saw us
and said
we must
get out.
Then she turned about,
slammed the door,
"Clean up the wet towels
and the footprints
on the floor!"

     This poem definitely is a draft.  Have a fun Saturday, write on!  This poem was written at the inspiration of my friend Linda Anderson.  Thanks for a fun idea, Linda.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for saying that I inspired this poem idea. I love the thought of a flamingo in the shower. It's a great image and a colorful one too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, funny to imagine, Joy, although Mom isn't so pleased! Nice story in this short poem. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete