Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter

I hope the sun is shining where ever you are.
When I was a little girl, I used to get a new dress and shoes for Easter Sunday.  Easter was the day we could start wearing white shoes again.  So I thought you might enjoy this silly poem about shoes.


SHOES

I love shoes
in every shape and size.
I think my shoes are
a humdinger prize.

I have high heels of pink,
and sandals in blue,
bunny slippers, roller skates,
and galoshes too.

Marching boots and
soccer shoes,
spikes shine on
my football shoes.

Zorries, flip-flops
wedgies, jellies,
cowboy boots
from crocodile bellies.

Japanese getas
made from wood.
Wearing shoes
feels oh so good.

I have shoes
for my every need.
I'm so glad
I'm a centipede.

No comments:

Post a Comment