Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Friday, April 29, 2011

POEM IN 2 VOICES

In my children's poetry critique group Judy Gamble challenged us to write a poem in two voices this month.  I thought you might enjoy a revision of an earlier poem, written for two people to read the parts.




EATING CHILDREN


Said Big Monster Dave
to Little Monster Joe,
Here is something
you should know
if you're going to bake of stew.
This is what you should do:

Put on a pot
Will a big one do?
Fill it with water,
A gallon or two?

Toss in salt, herbs and peppers mild
Then throw in a kid.
A tender young child?


                When I taste it will it be yummy?

If the pepper is too strong,
it will tickle your tummy.

         Is that it? Big Monster Dave,
asked Little Monster Joe.
Are these all the things
  a monster should know?

No Little Joe, don't be so quick.
There is one thing more or you'll get sick.
Take care in eating this yummy stew.
NEVER EAT KIDS FAST.
Eating children quickly
       will
            give
                  you
                       GAS.




JOY Acey

 I hope you have a great weekend.  I'll be at the Young at Art Festival at the Poetry Center in Tucson.  Come join the fun if you're in town.

 2011  All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment