Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Butterflies


Butterflies
what are you doing?
Licking up salt
from the clay?
Silt from the river
is salty to lick
before you fly away.


     I saw many beautifully colored butterflies in the rain-forest.  Can you write a poem about a butterfly today?

3 comments:

  1. Now that's a yellow butterfly. Wonder if the first one ever spotted was yellow like butter. Do you know the names of any of these? Thanks for sharing about their habits in your poem. It's a learning experience wrapped in beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Joy,
    I love butterflies. I used to catch them with a net many moons ago. I'd look at them up close and admire their beauty and quiet ways and let them go off to new worlds.
    I have been through many butterfly stages in my lifetime. I am lucky to be alive to enjoy the beauty around me. I am lucky to have you as a friend.
    Celebrate you today.
    Never Give Up
    Joan Y. Edwards

    ReplyDelete