Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Monkey in a Tree







A Saddleback Tamarin
hugs the tree,
he moves away
so I can't see
he is trying to 
hide from me.

     This is one of the many animals I got to see on my recent trip to the Peruvian Rain-forest.  What would you do if you saw a monkey in a tree? Could you write a poem for him?  If you wrote a poem from the monkey's voice that would be a persona poem.  Give it a try.  Have fun.

1 comment:

  1. Joy,
    What a great opportunity you had. Lucky you! Interesting coloring on the monkey.

    ReplyDelete