Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Oahu

In Halauma Bay
they say
ten days
after the full moon
the box jellyfish swarm.

Avoid the warm water
on these days
and you will come
to no harm.

The diving is delightful.
The fish are an eye full.
Just try to stay away
from box jelly fish.

     I hope you are having a great Thursday.  Your challenge for today is to write a poem about any fish in the sea.  Have fun. (And eat some chocolate.)

1 comment:

  1. Those jellyfish can be frightening, Joy. I hadn't heard of a swarm. We're going to the ocean this summer, hope no jellies there!

    ReplyDelete