Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Goldfinch

Three little goldfinch
feeling fine
sat upon
a telephone line.

Singing a song,
chirping in fun
they flew away
when out came the sun.

     This morning on my walk I saw a tiny little goldfinch sitting on the phone line next to a turtledove.  One was very big and the other was small.  But, the goldfinch had the bigger voice.  Can you write your own poem today about big, or little?  Have fun writing.

1 comment:

  1. Joy,
    I'm thinking that another poem might follow this one about the goldfinch with the big voice. I hope so!

    ReplyDelete