Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

HUMMINGBIRD

I saw a little hummingbird
in the Paloverde tree.
He was soaking up the sun,
just like me.

He drank from the feeder.
He made a whirring sound.
But when I turned to look again
the bird could not be found.


     Here is a quick exercise--make a list of all the birds you can name in a minute.  Pick one of the birds and write your own poem.  Have fun thinking about all the bright colors birds come in and the LBJ's (little brown jobs.)  In ancient times Hawaiians used the colorful feathers for decorative clothing.  Do you know of any birds that are on the endangered species list?  Have fun learning about birds and their habitats.

No comments:

Post a Comment