Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Thursday, July 31, 2014

DIRTY DOG

My dog is dirty,
he rolled on the path.
I've filled the tub
to give him a bath.

I've looked all around.
He's can't be seen
now that I want
to wash my dog clean.


     Have you ever given a dog a bath?  How about a cat?  Is there another animal you could bathe?
I once scrubbed the side of an elephant.  Just like giving a dog a bath, I got more water on me than I did on the elephant.  I thought about changing this poem to be about an elephant instead of the dog, but I think I want a different poem for that.  Elephants love water and they would be the first ones in the water making mud. 
   Your poetry challenge for today is to write a poem about bathing, grooming or feeding an animal.  Have fun writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment