Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

HAPPINESS

I like the look of happiness,
it makes me glad, I must confess.
Your smile full of energy,
it makes me feel mirthful glee.

Your eyes sparkle with an impish shine.
Your laughter I can take.
The joy that glows upon your face
is impossible to fake.


    Your challenge for today is to take an emotion and write a poem about what that looks and feels like.  What does sadness look like?  How can you tell when someone is in pain?  How would fear look?  Have fun writing.

1 comment:

  1. This lovely poem reminds me of you, Joy!

    Cory

    ReplyDelete