Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Sunday, July 6, 2014

haiku

gila woodpecker
on the feeder, hummingbird
awaits the quelling

     When the gila woodpecker sits on the hummingbird feeder, he is so heavy that it radically tilts the feeder and when the bird flies away it leaves the feeder swinging.  I saw two hummingbirds sitting in the mesquite tree watching the gila woodpecker at their feeder.   That happens to me sometimes too, I have to wait for the big guys before I can have my turn.  Have you ever had to wait before you get a turn?  Can you write a poem about that today?  Have fun writing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment