Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Friday, July 18, 2014

MY SMILE

I put a smile
upon my face
I wear it
like a crown.
I skip.
I dance.
I even race
my smile
all over town.

     Your challenge for today is to write a happy poem.  What makes you happy?  What are some fun things you like to do?  Have fun writing your poem.
     The Friday Poetry Roundup is hosted by Tabatha Yeatts this week.  Hop over to her blog The Opposite of Indifference for more poetry fun.  Thanks Tabatha for all the wonderful things you do for us.

18 comments:

  1. Joy,
    Putting on a smile is a great step to remember when getting ready for the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do enjoy your happy smile, Linda. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. Very Joy-ful -- I can imagine a child smiling everywhere they go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, shucks, thanks, Tabatha. It really is a goal of mine to make children happy.

      Delete
  3. Joy, this is a perfect compliment to the character education program in schools today. Children and adults living in the world of positivity. Your poem could be a torchbearer for living in world filled with I cans and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carol. I even felt happier after I wrote this poem ; )

      Delete
  4. That's definitely a happy poem! I love the image of wearing a smile like a crown. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for spreading smiles, Joy! :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You spread smiles too. It's one of the things I LOVE about you. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.

      Delete
  6. Three cheers for more happiness in the world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes, yes. You are one of the people who make my world happier. Thanks for all the work you do with Poetry Friday.

      Delete
  7. Sometimes I need to deliberately attire myself with a smile, like putting on a crown. A great image! Thank you, Joy, for my poem postcard! It's wonderful and so *you*.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now, there is a good idea, Keri. A whole poem about the things to attire ourselves in. I'm going to have to think about that. Can I slip my "pleases," and "thank you's," in my pocket so I have them with me at all times?
      Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.

      Delete
  8. What a happy-making poem, Joy! So easy to envision children racing their smiles all over town. I only wish I could envision adults doing it just as easily. Now THAT would be a perfect world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, Michelle, you've got me thinking of a dog catcher with his net chasing after adults trying to catch them to put a smile on their faces.

      Delete