Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Counting Monkeys

Mildred, Moe, Margaret and Manny
Monkeys ride on the merry-go-round.
Martin, Mary, Mike and Molly
How many monkeys
could be found
riding round and round
on the merry-go-round?
    
      I laugh every time I think about the antics of these monkeys.  How many monkeys did you count on the merry-go-round?  How many "M"s are in this poem?  Do you like riding on merry-go-rounds?  I love picking the best horse to go up and down to the calliope music.  I have ridden on merry-go-rounds in 8 different cities.  Can you write a poem about riding the merry-go-round?  Is there a merry-go-round you can ride on to collect details?  Does you merry-go-round have other animals?  Pigs?  Swans?  Have fun!

1 comment:

  1. Joy,

    This one reminds me of "When I was Going to St. Ives." Does it you?

    ReplyDelete