Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Saturday, February 25, 2012

My Winter Cocoa Mug

My favorite cocoa cup
is the color of my friend
sweet,
warm,
comforting.


     Today's poem is a little different, so the challenge will be too.  Take any object of winter (sweater, boots, mittens, snow shovel, etc.) and then tell how that object is like your friend.  When you compare two things and say one is  like the other, that is a simile.  When you say the winter object IS your friend--that is a metaphor.  Use either a simile or a metaphor in your poem.  Have fun.

2 comments:

  1. This one caught me by surprise... and it is my new favorite poem of all the beautiful poems you have here on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy,

    Friendship warms our hearts like a cup of cocoa.

    ReplyDelete