Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Monday, February 27, 2012

Winter

There comes a time
when winter
has been here
way too long.
I wish I could pack
winter's suitcases
and send it on its way.
I'm ready for spring.

I know when
winter has been 
here too long.
My world looks gray,
all of my sweaters
look ugly to me
and I'm ready for 
daffodils.


     Do you know that drizzly, cold, wet time of winter when your eyes crave color?  Think of each of the seasons of the year.  What colors would you call fall?  What are the colors of summer?  Which season do you like the best?  Can you write a color poem today?

3 comments:

  1. Dear Joy,
    Thanks for being my friend. Your poetry is music to my ears!

    Have a fun day!
    Joan Y. Edwards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joan.
    Keep singing
    and dancing.
    See my poem for 2/28/2012--You are my Pot of Gold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joy,
    I'll help you pack winter's suitcases.

    ReplyDelete