Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Thursday, October 3, 2013

DIRT

Mom, I fell
and I'm a mess.
I got dirt
on my new dress.

There is dirt
all over the place,
on my shoes,
my hands,
my face.

     I'm at a Highlights Foundation Poetry Workshop titles Poetry for the Delight of It, facilitated by David L. Harrison.  The prompt he gave for this poem was dirt. Would you like to try writing your own dirt  poems today?

3 comments:

  1. Joy,
    I'm so glad you got to join in on all the fun. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, thanks Linda. I wanted you to know that in our SKYPE session with J. Patrick Lewis, he started with a poem about being a senior because it was National Seniors Day, and I already knew that from your lovely, useful blog. Good work. I do often look to your blog for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joy,
    Thanks so much for telling me that. That means a lot! I appreciate you and your kind words.

    ReplyDelete