Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Sunday, October 27, 2013

MY BEST FRIEND JOHN

Knocking at my door
was Monster John
face all white,
waxy and wan.

I was scared.
My cheeks turned red.

Trick-or-treat
was what
Monster John said.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

     See, I'm still playing with this silly rhyme.  This time I've taken the name of my friend and plugged it into the poem.  Do you have a friend who is going trick-or-treating for Halloween?  What costume will he wear?  Can you write your own poem about your friend?


Knocking at my door
was Princess Joy.
She carried a wand,
a children's toy.

I laughed so hard,
my cheeks turned red.

Trick-or-treat,
was what the Princess said.

Happy Halloween.

     All right!  Enough.  But, wouldn't you like to try writing your own Halloween poem and put your name in the poem.  I hope you have a happy Sunday writing poetry.

2 comments:

  1. Joy,
    I'm so glad you're hosting your own type of Halloween celebration. It's a poetry fest. Go Joy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda for the encouragement. I was already to be done with this silliness, but another idea arrived, so I may be into Halloween poems for the whole week.
      What is really crazy, is when I started with the thought of writing a Halloween poem, or poems, I didn't have any original ideas. I looked at the poems I wrote last year for Halloween and I really liked my Five Little Pumpkins poem. I didn't think I had anything new to add.
      But look what happens when I put my bottom in my chair to write--those good ideas just fall from the sky waiting for me to play with them.
      Thanks for all your help and support.

      Delete