Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Saturday, October 19, 2013

RED TAIL HAWK

Red tail hawk circles
blue skies overhead,
he flares his tail,
boy, it's red.

Making lazy loops
on this Saturday
is how I feel
as I go on my way.

     Happy Saturday.  I hope you are having a good day.  This poem really needs a better end line.  I'm going to have to work on that, but I did explain I'm feeling loopy-lay today--so that is how I wrote.  So many things to do today.  All the weekend chores are waiting for me.  I hope you can find time to write today.  Can you imagine what the picture for this poem will look like?  Now, go write your own poem and if you want to share it you can place your poem in the comments below.  I'd love to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment