Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

The Witch


Who is that
knocking at my door?
It's Snow White's evil
step-mother.

She carries a basket
of apples red.

Pick-your-treat,
is what she said.

Then she let out a 
gravelly cackle.
Her evil voice
raised the cat's hackles.

I think I'll wait
until after you.
I slammed the door
and then yelled,

BOO!

Happy Halloween.



      Oh, this poem is a mess.  Who ever heard of rhyming door with mother?  And, yes "apples, red," is a reversal.  So I think this poem needs some more work, but we can't all be perfect everyday.  So, this is what you get.  And I didn't even draw a picture to go with today's poem yet.  But just think, tomorrow is Halloween so you only have one more Halloween poem to put up with this year.  Have fun writing your own poem today.  Here is an idea, write a list poem today on all the things Halloween.  Or take one of the things on your list and write an acrostic poem for the word.  Have fun writing.  
     

No comments:

Post a Comment