Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

HANDS

Instead of waving
Bye Bye or Hello




I learned how to
High Five

to Bump Knuckles
so I
Pound It

that 
EXPLODES

with a 
POW.







      This is a poem about nonverbal communication, or the gestures we use.  All nonverbal language is learned from the community we live in.  Can you think of other gestures you use to convey meaning to another person (or animal, because you use gestures with your dog, I bet?)  I have a niece who is deaf and she is constantly teaching me new words to say with my hands.  Can you write a poem today about a gesture, or better yet, can you say a poem by just using your hands?  Try the Teensy-weensy Spider.  Have a fun day.

No comments:

Post a Comment