Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

CRAZY FRED

Crazy Fred is stuck in bed
He can't get up today.
His belt is wrapped around the frame
and there he's forced to stay.

     I'm working on nonsense poems today.  This is the first verse to something I see as longer.  Crazy Fred is going to take his bed with him every where, like a turtle.  I've got more work to do, but I thought I'd share this verse with you.  Can you write your own silly poem with a made up character?  Let me see if I can help out a little.

Cousin Harry liked making magic.
That's how he lost his nose.

Oh my, Oh my,
Aunt Mildred's teeth
got stuck in the pie.

Uncle Bob has lost his job.
The pickle factory is shutting down.

You can use any of these lines for poem starters, or create your own.  Have a fun time writing your poem and being a little silly today.  It doesn't have to rhyme.

3 comments:

  1. Joy,
    Can you imagine a family reunion with this crowd? What a great book that could make!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All Right Linda, I'll start on a sequel to Monsters, Troll and Other Odd Folks. A couple years ago we did the family reunion photo for a Poetry Friday Exercise and everyone left a couplet about the person they were putting in the pictures. It was a really fun Friday. I might have to try that again.

      Delete
    2. BTW, if you have suggestions for characters to put in a poem, fire them to me.

      Delete