Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Saturday, March 29, 2014

haiku

this early morning
along the black ribbon road
coyote races


     I don't often see a coyote during the day.  I hear them calling at night more often.  But I did see one today.  The moment it saw me, it took off running down the road trying to quickly get away.  I thought the event was worthy of a haiku. 
Can you find five minutes today to try writing your own haiku?  Have fun.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes, the sight isn't exactly the thing you can dial up. I yanked my camera out, but by the time I got the lens in view the coyote was gone.

      Delete
  2. Nice haiku...it draws a picture

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy the picture as much as I did.

      Delete
  3. Joy,
    Glad you chose to write a haiku for the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda. Weekends are busy, so sometimes it is hard to write something longer. It is just a joy to be able to treasure these moments.

      Delete