Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Thunder

Rumble,
rattle,
roar.
Ka-boom.

Clash,
clang,
bang.
Ka-boom.

Loud thunder
and then,
the rain
rushes in,
making rivulets
and flooding.

But,
oh,
it is rain!
Wonderful, 
glorious,
rain. 
It has been
so long
since I've
seen you,
RAIN.
Welcome!


     I went on my morning walk today and got soaked before I could get home.  The thunder was a little frightening.  What is the weather like for you?  Can you write a poem about that?
   I've been waiting all week for the new moon that is supposed to be in the sky tonight, and now I won't be able to see it.  The whole sky is covered with clouds.  
   I hope you have fun writing today.

No comments:

Post a Comment