Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Sunday, March 2, 2014

haiku

fierce wind gusts and roars 
citrus blossoms fall from trees--
broken promises

wildflowers rolling 
bending toward the ground
waiting for calm

pink mallow flowers
dancing by the picket fence
thankful for the rain

    As you can see, I've been playing with haiku again.  Here are three.  Which one do you like best?  It really is a great day to be inside writing.  I hope your writing is going well.  Happy Sunday.

2 comments:

  1. I think I like the third one the best. It's very musical. The second one doesn't follow the traditional Haiku pattern, but it certainly has a great feel to it. I love working with Haiku and am finding I write more and more of them. Thanks for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy,
    I can picture them all. Love the images. Thanks for asking us to vote. I choose poem number one because of the last line. What if you don't tell us that the wind is fierce--show us or just call it spring wind. Gusts and roars show us it's fierce.

    ReplyDelete