Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

FAN DANCER



Island paradise
Ti leaves waving in the wind--
a red fan dancer 

   This is what a Ti plant looks like:



 I got to play with my water colors again today.  It is so much fun.  In ancient times these waxy red leaves were used for clothing and to wrap food in. This plant is believed to bring good luck. Genius: Cordyline, Species: C. fruticosa, an evergreen flowering plant of the asparagus family. This plant isn't native to Hawaii, it was introduced by Polynesian settlers.

   Can you write a poem about something red that you like?  Have fun writing.

Find your voice and assert it. Bernard Friot


2 comments:

  1. A great poem, photo, and watercolor painting. What fun you are having! I am enjoying learning about Hawaii and its history through your blog. Thanks, Joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda. I'm having fun learning too.
      Yesterday on my walk, I enjoyed all the sights and thought I must live on the most beautiful road in the world. Life is good, I hope yours is too.

      Delete