Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Sunday, January 10, 2016

SUNDAY MORNING

I'm walking with Mama
on the promenade.
She holds the leash
on my best dog Blade.
I'm jumping over
sidewalk cracks.
I don't want to break
my mama's back.
One,
      two,
           three,
                four,
                     five.
Walking with Mama,
it's great to be alive.

    I took a walk on the beach walk this morning.  I watched a young child jumping cracks.  It made me smile thinking about all the times I have done that.  Have you ever jumped cracks, puddles or rope?  Can you write a poem today about your own jumping?  Have fun writing your poem. 

Take a walk and see what you discover. 

2 comments:

  1. I recently saw a parent allow their child to jump in a puddle in rain boots. So fun to watch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet it made you smile. I liked the happy memories and feeling watching the child jump. Actually, she was singing her own little song too. I love moments like this.

      Delete