Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Hug Day

Happy National Hug Day

I'll send you a hug
or maybe send two
to make this a good
hug day for you.

I'll extend my arms
to all that I meet.
I'll even hug strangers
I meet on the street.

   Who can you give a hug to today?  Would you like to try writing your own HUG poem?  Have fun writing.  Is there anyone you wouldn't want a hug from?  Oh, now my mind is going.  Have a great day.

Happiness makes up in height what it lacks in length.  Robert Frost

12 comments:

  1. A hug is such a great feeling. Thanks for thinking of me and so many others who need one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda,
      I'm finding in Kauai with the spirit of Aloha (and exchanging of HA-breath) I'm getting a lot more hello hugs. It is wonderful.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Sunny,
      I love your name. Thank you for the compliment.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Hey John,
      I can't help it. I have to teach and share my knowledge and discoveries. Thank you.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete