Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Monday, October 24, 2011

Camping



One 
hundred
mosquitoes,
Two dogs, Three owls,
Four frogs.     All gathered by 
my tent to croon       --sing a song to
 the full moon.       They're buzzing, howling,
croaking-cheep!        It is so loud I can not sleep.

    I was trying to make this a concrete poem in the shape of a camping tent.  I think it looks more like a triangle than a tent.  What do you think?
What do you do when you are kept awake at night?  I like to write.  The house is quiet.  The phone doesn't ring.  I don't want to do noisy things and wake the rest of the house, so I write.  Can you write a poem about what you do?  Have a great week.

3 comments:

  1. Joy,
    I love your poems and can't believe how you put them out each day. Are you collecting them for a book? Very impressive. They all make me smile. WOuld you be interested in being a guest blogger on my blog? You could talk about what makes you tick as a poet, we could just post some of your favorites--whatever. i think they are wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy,
    I love your concrete poem and yes it looks just like a tent. It welcomes me in.

    Linda A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol,
    Thank you.
    My heart makes me tick. I'm just having fun writing and having a place to hang out.
    Yes, I'd love to help with your blog. What do you need? How many words? What questions would you like answered? How do we do this?

    ReplyDelete