Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

EARTH

Earth turns,
plants itself
in dust to dust.

Earth freezes
from icy snow
in mountains, on plains.

Earth muddies
with falling rain
wraps around pig feet.

Earth holds
puddles and ponds
to the delight of ducks and geese.

Earth is home
for bear, badger
even wiggling worms,
and you and me.


     What are some of the things you have observed about the earth?  Can you try writing your own earth poem today?  Have fun.

4 comments:

  1. Joy,
    I especially like the third stanza with pig feet. Made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you got that one, Linda. I was worried that it was too much of a stretch to put together puddles and muddy feet.
      Thank you.

      Delete
  2. My favorite is the fourth stanza. Very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rosi. I'm having fun playing with this idea of all the things the earth is for us.

      Delete