Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

haiku


copyright 2015, Joy Acey  different angles on the same building



Modern skyscrapers
tower into the skyline
I'm a country girl



copyright2015, Joy Acey
    Driving into the hotel from the Shanghai airport there were several miles of skyscrapers.  I looked for the green, except it is January and most of the trees, when I could see any, were missing their leaves.  I saw lots of weeping cherry trees.  I guess I'm going to need to go back to China in the spring so I can see the cities all abloom.  I wonder who washes all those windows on the skyscrapers?
    What are you writing today? 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Joy,
    I'm a country girl too. Ponder on this: How does a country girl tower into the skyline?

    ReplyDelete