Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Monday, January 26, 2015

WHAT DOES THE TOOTHBRUSH KNOW?






What does the toothbrush know?
     The minty taste of the paste's flow.
     To brush up and down, to and fro.
     To slide over each tooth slow.

What does the toothbrush know?
     A missing tooth makes a window.
     To rinse before you go.
     To make each smile all aglow.


         Michelle Barnes and Joyce Sidman have challenged children's poets to try writing a "Deeper Wisdom" poem.  This is a poem based on What Do the Trees Know? by Joyce from her book WINTER BEES & Other Poems of the Cold .  You can find out more about this challenge and suggestions for writing your own poem on Michelle's blog, Today's Little Ditty.

2 comments:

  1. Joy,
    Love this: "What does the toothbrush know?
    The minty taste of the paste's flow."
    I'm licking my teeth for that clean, fresh taste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went to the dentist on Monday. I was still thinking about it when I wrote this.

      Delete