Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Saturday, January 31, 2015

FIRE`

Fire burns, fire flames
adding warmth
to love for you.

Fire erupts
from the volcano,
lava sizzles into the sea.


   I've started working on the fire poems, but it is a busy weekend so this will have to do for today.  I thought I'd really have a hard time finding enough variety for "fire" poems, but once I got stated I surprised myself with all the different kinds of fire I could think of. Now, I'm busy doing the research to make sure I've got the information correct.  I do need to thank my sister for all her help and suggestions for fire poems--thank you Clo Ann Smith.

2 comments:

  1. Joy, I love the sound of the word "sizzles" and the image of "sizzles into the sea."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, isn't that a fun word to swirl around in your mouth. I'm glad you like it too. Thank you for your comment.

      Delete