Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

WRITING SPACE

I have a writing space,
my own special place,
my desk, my pen
ready to begin
my own sacred, creative space.

    The word "sacred" in this poem is important to me.  For me, this means-- holy. b : entitled to reverence and respect (taken from Webster's) and it means I should honor my writing process and the space I use to write.
    Do you have a special place?  Somewhere where you like to go to work out problems or get ideas?  For your poetry challenge today, can you write a poem about your space?  What makes this space your own?  What does it look like?  What is special about this space?  Have fun writing.

3 comments:

  1. Joy,
    I recently moved my writing space. I am now in our living room with no TV. Lots of quiet. I'm set up at an old desk that belong to my mother-in-law. It feels good to have given an old piece of furniture a new life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, Linda,
      Sounds like you are ready for some serious writing.
      My friend David Harrison posted a description of his writing space on his blog today and there was so much there I wanted to tell him he needed to clear some things out so he would have more room for some new ideas to come in--but we each write differently. the key is to respect and honor that creativity and to supply time for it. I think he is at www.davidlharrison.wordpress.com

      Delete
  2. Serious writing...oh yes! I left my clutter in another room! ;)

    ReplyDelete