Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Friday, May 20, 2011

Happy Friday

What is your favorite breakfast food?  Can you write a poem about it?
Here is another list poem. 


                                 WACKY WAFFLES



I love to make waffles,
I really do.
I’ll put whipped cream
on top,
when I make them
for you.
I’ll pour on maple syrup
really thick,
add a hot dog
on a stick.
peanut butter,
black eyed peas,
smooshie bananas,
holey cheese,
pepperoni and,
sardines from tins,
green onion dip,
gold raisins,
chocolate sauce,
bacon strips,
mustard and,
potato chips,
strawberry jam,
a little ham.
YUCK!”
You say.
You don’t want my treat?
My baby brother will.
He loves to eat. 

 

2 comments:

  1. Joy,

    Keep challenging young and old to use their imaginations!

    Linda A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. tHAT IS A REALLY CUTE ONE. HOPE TODAY WENT BETTER FOR YOU. TOMORROW YOU CAN TAKE IT A LITTLE EASIER AND LET JEFF HANDLE THE BULK OF IT,. ILY

    ReplyDelete