Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Counting Stars

ONE star,
first out tonight.
TWO stars,
twinkling bright.
THREE stars,
shine at night.
FOUR stars,
a pretty sight.

I count every star
that I see,
but there are too many
to count in our
Milky Way Galaxy.

Counting poems are fun to write.  Would you like to try one?  What will you count?  Birds? Buttons? Cars? Leaves? Rocks? Snowflakes?  Have fun what ever you are counting.  You're welcome to share your poem here. 

2 comments:

  1. I love your poem. It speaks to the mind of children who point their small fingers at the magical sky...

    Maureen Wartski

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is something magical about sparkling star light. Is this why magicians put stars on their costumes? Hmm?
    Thanks for getting me thinking, Maureen. Maybe another poem is bubbling.

    ReplyDelete