Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Thursday, January 26, 2012

A Fox and the Opera

"Let's go to the opera,"
said funny Frannie Fox.
"Please buy us tickets
for a ground floor box."

"There I will feel safer
than in the balcony.
A ground floor box,
is sufficient for me."

"You can wear a tuxedo,
and I a frilly gown,
when we hear the opera
for our night on the town."

     What do you think a fox in a box at the opera would look like?  What would be the opera Fannie listens to?  Can you write your own poem about the opera, or animals going to the opera?  I'm actually having fun thinking about this.  I may add some more verses later, or perhaps I can turn this poem into a picture book manuscript.  Have a good time with you poem.

3 comments:

  1. I love the idea of a fox at the opera! You are so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually I've been thinking of adding a flamingo too. I think a pink flamingo and a red fox sitting next to each other would be very colorful. This is the "F" poem.

    Thanks for your comments.

    ReplyDelete