Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Saturday, January 28, 2012

The Night Sky

The sky is a black bowl,
turned over to spill
icy crystals
sparkling bright
to fall 
across my eyes.

I see a bear,
a horse, a lion,
a warrior,
even a dipper
racing across the sky.

     It's Saturday.  How are you spending your weekend?  Can you write a poem about one thing you are doing this weekend? 

6 comments:

  1. Great images here! I love the night sky as a bowl full of icy crystals that get spilled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. with what you have been writing lately and going to Asilomar you should come back with some really good poems... Have a good time... ILY

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS--I'm playing with poetry more and more these days. Finding it a good way to get into my character. My last blog was on this topic--check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My first graders are studying the night sky and this year I changed my morning 'message' into poetry time. With some discussion, this poem certainly lends itself to some wonderful visuals for them to illustrate. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you liked this poem, you might like DADDY and ME and the STARLIGHT
    from 11/16/12.

    ReplyDelete