Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Sunday, July 22, 2012

THUNDER AND LIGHTNING

The lightning
     and the thunder
          came to visit me.

They were quick
     and flashing
          and noisy
                as can be.

"Come along,"
     said the stars.
          "They don't frighten me."

"Cover us in clouds,
      we'll still be here
           twinkling bright."

"They don't scare us.
      We'll bravely shine
           through the night."


      My dog is frightened by thunder.  He crawls under the bed to hide.  Do thunder and lightning frighten you, or do you think of the stars instead?  Try writing a poem today about a thunder storm.  Have fun and keep cool.

3 comments:

  1. Joy,
    I never thought of focusing on stars to keep my mind off a storm. Great idea. See what wisdom you pass along?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool poem I love it the best I've ever seen great job. I love this just love it.

    ReplyDelete