Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Thursday, July 12, 2012

With Your Poetry



Some folks
are a wave crashing,
stirring things up
sending flying sand
making a big splash.

Others like a pebble
tossed into the sea,
make small ripples
expand in wider
and wider circles,
reach out to me.

3 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful poem, Joy. Peaceful and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna, This poem was actually inspired by Eileen Spinelli. Her poetry hits me in that quiet way that stays.

      Delete
  2. Thank goodness there are all kinds--those who make a big splash and those who send goodness rippling forth.

    ReplyDelete