Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Monday, September 10, 2012

Rin Tin Tin

I want a dog
like Rin Tin Tin.
Who'll put himself out
and let himself in.

He'll scare away robbers
and cause them fright.
He'll sleep by my bed
all through the night.

     Today is the birthday of the first Rin Tin Tin.  When I was a child, my family had a German Shepherd we named Skip. Skip had a dark coat and his parents came from Japan.   In Europe the dogs are called Alsatians and in the US we call the breed Police dogs.  My parents worked at night, so I always felt safer with Skip around. 
     Your challenge for today is to write a poem about a dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment