Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Cinquain



Monsoon
Cholla blooming
Creosote scents the air
Cactus wren nests in saguaro
Warm rain



Today's poem is a cinquain.   It is a five line syllabic poem.  The first line has 2 syllables, the second line has 4, the third 6 and the fourth 8, then in the fifth line there are 2 syllables again.

line 1 = 2 syllables
line 2 = 4 syllables
line 3 = 6 syllables
line 4 = 8 syllables
line 5 = 2 syllables

Can you write your own cinquain today?  Mine tells about the desert where I live.  Can you write your cinquain about where you live?  I'd love to read your poem.  You are welcome to leave your creation in the comments below.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you are enjoying this last day of the holiday weekend.   

No comments:

Post a Comment