Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Monday, March 11, 2013

BOOKS, BOOKS, BOOKS

I like to read
and travel
on the magic carpet
a book provides.

I like meeting new people
in books. I like
learning rhyming words
from poems in books.

I like tasting sweets
I can cook from books
and songs I can sing from books.
 I've learned to tie knots from books.

I find places to hike,
and meet fairies, elves, and imps
and all sorts of things
from the books that stretch
my imagination.

I never know where
the next book
will take me
which is why
I love
books, books, books.


     Can you write a poem today about your favorite book?  Or try writing a persona poem in the voice of a book.  Have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment