Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Saturday, March 16, 2013

SATURDAY

Today is a bright, sunny day,
and because it is Saturday,
Mom says I should go out to play.
I want to stay inside to watch TV,
but Mom says outside is the place for me,
so I'm out here soaking up Vitamin D.
Outside is a fun place to be. 

I notice some worms and a robin too.
Then have an idea,
I'll make my own zoo.
The robin is a macaw
with feathers of teal.
The worm,sings for food
as a loud barking seal.
My cat is a tiger
as she stalks through the grass
and my dog is a gorilla
who sits on his bottom
to soak up the sun.
Yes, playing in my yard
 is lots of fun.

     It is Saturday, a great day for gathering information to write poems next week.  Go play.  Have fun.  Use all your senses to embrace spring.
                     

No comments:

Post a Comment